Development Property Hampshire PO4 £750,000 UNSOLD, CONTACT AUCTIONEER FOR RESERVE PRICE/AVAILABILITY STATUS
Auction date: Fri, 01/11/2019 - 11:00
Horse Sand Fort is situated in the Solent, between Southsea and the Isle of Wight, and is one of three similar sea forts constructed between 1865 and 1880 to head off the threat of seaborne invasion from France. The reputed original construction cost was £425,000! Extending to 9,197 sq.m. (99,000 sq.ft), the original fort was constructed over four levels, the middle two of which housed some 45 cannon, with further armaments on the roof. An inner courtyard housed accommodation and a well. In the Second World War additional structures were added to the upper storey, including look-out posts and anti-aircraft guns which were used to protect the nearby Portsmouth Dockyard. The nearby sister forts, No Mans and the smaller Spitbank, have both enjoyed a new lease of life in recent years with multi-million pound conversion into hotel and wedding/weekend retreat locations, but this one is still in much the same condition as it was when it was surplus to MOD requirements in the 1960s. A Planning Consent has previously been obtained for conversion to form 14 residential apartments, though this was not implemented.
Why register with UK Auction List?
Member benefits include:
- Detailed descriptions for each property that you see in the free search area. The details are displayed as they appear in the auctioneer’s catalogue, and include the address and full details of the property.
- Streetview and Google Map location for each property.
- A link to the full auction catalogue (if available) and a link to the auctioneer’s website.
- Auctioneer contact form and/or telephone number for every property, allowing you to email or call the auction house to find out further details, request a legal pack or to arrange a viewing.
- Full access to our auctioneers directory providing contact information for auction houses around the UK, plus to our auction calendar displaying forthcoming auction dates, as and when confirmed by each auction house.
- MyUKAL facilities enabling you to save properties of interest and access to full details of unsold lots.
- We have approval from all the auction houses that we list in our database and therefore aim to provide accurate and detailed information on every property in our database.